[Xapian-devel] Opensource Websearch Engine Project

Pierre-Louis Dehapiot dehapiot at ece.fr
Tue Oct 26 17:55:02 BST 2010

Hi,

I'm Pierre-Louis Dehapiot from Paris, France. I am studying computing programming at the ECE (a french school) and this year, the topic of my project is "google and indexing".
To summarize, it deals with creating my own google in only one year :p !
I saw that you made yourself an opensource websearch engine written in C (Xapian).
I already made the php/CSS interface for my own project only in French for the moment but in English soon ! (you can have a look here : http://pti.pl4tipus.com)
As you can see, it's very "google-like" : this is what the topic deals with.
If you have few minutes to answer me, I think I need some tips about "how to make an indexing engine".
I know how it works approximately but i need more details about the difficulties of the project. All the tips you can give me can be very useful.
Can you help me ?"
I am glad of your future support.

Pierre-Louis Dehapiot