[Xapian-devel] [Need Help!] Problem about Omega Configuration

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Thu Jan 13 03:56:32 GMT 2011

On Tue, Jan 11, 2011 at 01:41:29PM -0500, shenli at slangwho.com wrote:
> /usr/lib/omega/bin/omega 'P=my search terms' HITSPERPAGE=10
>
> I got this error:

I've committed a fix for the double headers here.

> Exception: Couldn't read format template `query' (No such file or directory)
>
> However the template 'query' is right in the template directory, and
> the path setting is correct.

Clearly omega thinks otherwise!

> Thus, I couldn't figure out why this problem occured and have no idea
> of how to fix this. If anyone's got a clue please let me know, and I
> really appreciate your kindly help!

I would suggest running omega under strace (assuming your platform has
strace - you don't seem to say what platform you are using) and looking
for where it tries to open the query template to see what path it is
using.

> DISCLAIMER: This message contains confidential information [...]

Please don't send mail with such disclaimers to public mailing lists.
At best they make no sense; at worst people may decide it's safest not
to reply to your "confidential" mail.