[Xapian-devel] 答复: How to add support of Chinese & Japanese

Bruce Zhang bruce.zhang at trustgo.com
Thu Jul 28 04:52:30 BST 2011

thanks Olly,

I spent some days reading online materials, but still have some questions.

As online materials said, seems Xapian is going to support CJK,
so what's current status of supporting Chinese(simplified, traditional)?
what's current status of supporting Korean, Japanese respectively?

I downloaded Xapian-core-1.2.6, xapian-omega-1,2,6, I saw from online
document that Chinese Segment is in separate folder named segmentation,

I wonder if Chinese segment code is in 1.2.6 or still beta release?
how should I integrate segmentation code with xapian-core-1,2,6 and
xapian-omega-1.2.6?

what kind of dictionary is used? who will maintain this dictionary to
incorporate latest live words?

thanks,
Bruce