[Xapian-devel] GSoC 2011 - Improve Existing Bindings

Abdul Rauf raufbutt at gmail.com
Sun Mar 20 12:25:47 GMT 2011

Dear Olly,

I am very excited to contribute in open source community through the
platform of Google Summer of Code 2011. I have visited the ideas of “Xapian”
at http://trac.xapian.org/wiki/GSoCProjectIdeas for GSoC 2011. I am
interested in working on “Improve Existing Bindings”. The reason for my
interest is that I have previously worked on .NET related projects both in
VB and C#. I also have worked on C++ projects.

I am writing to let you know my understanding of the project and would like
to have a feedback on it. My understanding of the requirements is as
follows:

   - To study current bindings. In case of C#, I am studying this link (
   http://xapian.org/docs/bindings/csharp/)
   - To implement improvements in the current bindings.

Would you please refer me some material to study in this regard? Also what
kinds of binding improvements are required by Xapian? I look forward to your
response.

Regards

Rauf
University of Gloucestershire