[Xapian-devel] GSOC 2011 : Weighting Schemes

Sumith Matharage sumith.matharage at gmail.com
Sun Mar 27 13:05:31 BST 2011

Hi Olly,

Just an update about my progress. At the moment I am studying the api code.
I went through the weight class and BM25weight class since it is the most
relavent classes to the Weighting Schemes projects. In addition, I went
through the tests document, internals, code coverage docs and I think I got
a reasonable amount of knowledge about the project.

Since the application period starts tomorrow, Just thought of getting your
advise on a successful application. Since this is the first time I'm
applying, I don't have much knowledge about the application process. if it
is not a disturbance, Is there any possibility that I can get your feedback
on the proposal before the final submission? if so, would it be appropriate
to send it through this mailing list before the final submission?

I would like to start on my application tomorrow onwards and get your
feedback on that to make it the best suit the requirements specified and
your expectations.

Thank you for your continuous support.

Thanks and Regards,
Sumith