[Xapian-devel] GSoC 2011 help

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Sun Mar 27 14:02:52 BST 2011

On Sat, Mar 26, 2011 at 11:27:04AM -0700, MOHIUDDIN SHUVO wrote:
> I am undergraduate final year student of Bangladesh University of
> Engineering & Technology(BUET). I am currently doing my thesis on
> structured web search engine. I am now interested to do a project
> related to my thesis in GSoC.  Weighting Schemes & Dynamic Snippets
> are two projects i m interested in. Can you give some guidance about
> the projects & about how i can approve my proposal.

It's much easier to answer specific questions than general ones.  The
ideas page should give you some general background to each project,
and also a few links to where you can find out more, so please look
at those first.  If you still have questions, please ask them.

For tips on putting together a good proposal, see the student guide:

http://www.booki.cc/gsocstudentguide/