[Xapian-devel] GSoC 2011 Weighting Schemes

wuwenjin kevin.wu86 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 15:31:48 BST 2011

I skim some related research papers, DPH, the parameter free model derived
from DfR,  achieves good performance.
Thus, DPH model should be in.
*
*
*

> BB2 Bernoulli-Einstein model with Bernoulli after-effect and normalisation
> 2.

IFB2 Inverse Term Frequency model with Bernoulli after-effect and
> normalisation 2.

*
*
*
*These two models don't condition on *"classic ad-hoc tasks" or "tasks that
require early precision". but I have no idea about their effectiveness.

DFR model also be used for query expansion. I will try to read
 Enquire::get_eset().
*
*
*Wenjin Wu*