[Xapian-devel] Interested in GSOC projects

saurabh kumar saurabh.catch at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 21:00:30 BST 2011

Respected sir

I went through the specifications of  " QueryParser Reimplementation"
project.
As I am currently doing a course on programming languages, so  I understand
the
low level functioning of a parser.

With the background I have in this field I am fully comfortable with this
project.
I have also went through the source code of the current parser
implementation.

I have some doubts :

1) Why is using the tools like yacc, bison not a good approach? Can you
illustrate with an example?

2) In the proposed project are we NOT going to use any tools like YACC etc.?

Meanwhile I am working on my proposal and plan to get my first draft ready
within next 24 hours.
Should I mail my proposal to the mailing list or just submit it at google
SOC site? Because certainly I would require your
comments to improve upon the first draft.

Thanks

Saurabh Kumar