[Xapian-devel] GSOC 2012

Sudeep Singh sudeep495 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 19:55:48 BST 2012

Hi,

I am final year student at Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur in the
computer science department.

I am interested to apply in the following projects for gsoc 2012

1.Weighting Schemes
2.Learning to Rank
3.Gmane Search Improvements

I have a strong background in Information retrieval and Machine learning. I
have worked previously with Yahoo Research Labs in the area of Information
retrieval. We extracted association rules and attribite-value pairs from
the webpages using unsupervised approach.

I have also worked on another project with yahoo, which involved emotion
detection of youtube videos, based on the comments of the users. We used
various ML, Statisitcs andf IR techniques to achieve our goal.

I last year succesfully completed GSOC 2011, with OSGEO and have good
experience in Open Source Development.

Kindly let me know how shall I proceed with my application.

Thanks
Sudeep