[Xapian-devel] texlive on Ubuntu halting 'make'

John Terzis john.c.terzis at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 22:29:11 BST 2012

Hi,

I am currently in the process of installing the latest release that I
cloned from git in an effort to complete an application for GSOC. I am
running into an issue however with 'make' on my Ubuntu 64bit Linux version
. Below is the code that make reports upon exiting with multiple errors.
They seems to be related to my latex installation which aborted in error
due to missing entry /etc/texmf/texmf.d/55Fonts.cnf when I tried to apt-get
install texlive . The error by the texlive installer also indicates that
the correct version should be available as 55Fonts.cnf.ucf-dist.
Apparently, after searching for this file using
apt-file find 55Fonts.cnf.ucf-dist  , it does not appear in my version of
Ubuntu (11.04). I was curious if anyone else has encountered this issue
with texlive installation when building on Ubuntu. Google searches on the
issue reveal that it is in fact a missing component of Ubuntu but there is
no indication of a method to retrieve the correct file.

This is pdfTeX, Version 3.1415926-1.40.10 (TeX Live 2009/Debian)

kpathsea: Running mktexfmt pdflatex.fmt
/usr/bin/mktexfmt: 974: /texconfig/tcfmgr: not found
fmtutil: config file `fmtutil.cnf' not found.
I can't find the format file `pdflatex.fmt'!
make[4]: *** [refman.pdf] Error 1
make[4]: Leaving directory
`/home/jterzis/Xapian/xapian/xapian-core/docs/apidoc/latex'
cat: refman.log: No such file or directory
make[3]: *** [apidoc.pdf] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/jterzis/Xapian/xapian/xapian-core/docs'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/jterzis/Xapian/xapian/xapian-core'
make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/jterzis/Xapian/xapian/xapian-core'
make: *** [all] Error 2

Many thanks,
--JT