[Xapian-devel] GSoC student application deadline

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Sun Apr 8 15:29:26 BST 2012

On Thu, Apr 05, 2012 at 07:36:44AM +0100, Olly Betts wrote:
> The deadline for student applications is 19:00 UTC on Friday 6th April:

The deadline has now passed - here are some statistics about the
proposals we received:

http://survex.com/~olly/blog/xapian/xapian-gsoc-applications-for-2012.html

We are likely to be asking questions about some of the proposals by
adding comments, so please keep an eye out for email notifications.
These sometimes end up in spam filters (even on gmail, ironically).

You can't change the text of your proposal, but you can add comments
to it if you want to provide additional information.

I would encourage applicants to continue to investigate - check out the
code and get it to build if you haven't already, and find the areas
you'd be working on.

If you can show us a patch you've written for Xapian, that helps us feel
confident you'll be able to get to grips with the project, and make it
more likely we'll select you.  The patch could be a first step towards
your project, or a prototype of some sort, or a fix for a bug, or a new
little feature.

You can find some relevant links here:

http://trac.xapian.org/wiki/GSoC2012#Checkingoutandbuildingthecode