[Xapian-devel] GSoC student application deadline

riadh chtara riadh.chtara at gmail.com
Sun Apr 8 16:20:29 BST 2012

Thanks for telling me that.
I will tell you the changes I will make before adding it as a comment.
This part of the time line will be removed

May 21 - June 4:
Using SWIG objects tree to generate the C++ header that contains PHP
specific includes, external variables... for implementing functions and
variables in PHP/Zend C API
Testing (2 days)
Writing documentation draft (1 day)

June 5 – June 18:
Using SWIG objects tree to generate the C++ source file that contains PHP
functions and variables for PHP/Zend C API implementation
Testing (2 days)
Writing documentation draft (1 day)

June 19 – June 30:
Using SWIG objects tree to generate the C++ header  that contains PHP
specific includes, external variables... for PHP/Zend C API implementation
Testing (2 days)
Writing documentation draft (1 day)

July 1 –  July 11:
Using SWIG objects tree to generate the C++ source file that contains PHP
classes for PHP/Zend C API implementation
Testing (2 days)
Writing documentation draft (1 day)

It will be replaced by a new one.
generating the header file
generating the .cpp file:many steps

   1. generating  PHP_METHOD for each method
   2. generating function_entry array
   3. creating handler function
   4. creating free storage function
   5. creating PHP_MINIT_FUNCTION
   6. creating  zend_module_entry
   7. gathering all generated code and finishing the c++

what do you think please?
If you agree, i will add this two