[Xapian-devel] Implementing the tf-idf weighting scheme

Jiuding Duan jiuding.duan at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 04:33:36 BST 2012

Hi, all:

This is the basic implementation of tf-idf scheme (basic scheme used in
SMART) that can be used in the Xapian. It might still  need some futher
revision, but I believe it works anyway.:)

I modified the weight.h to define a subclass Tf_idfWeight and add a new
file tf_idf.cc in ../weight in the repo, to implement Tf_idfWeight.

Here is the git diff patch:

https://gist.github.com/2422049

I think the next thing to do is register this scheme to Xapian and write
some test to see whether or not it works?

I'm grepped the current BM25Weight, TradWeight and BoolWeight, and find
clues about Enquire::set_weighting_scheme( ). But something more should be
done to understand it.

Best,

Jiuding