[Xapian-devel] [Developing and Starting with Xapian]

Abhishek Shah igeniusshah at gmail.com
Wed Dec 26 19:46:03 GMT 2012

Hi,
Thanks Dan and Gaurav for the suggestion. It was interesting to read the
project ideas and weighting schemes and learning to rank seemed
interesting. I was familiar with unigram language modeling and BM25 and got
a little more familiarity with the bigram language modeling referring to
the project plan of Gaurav. I have gone through the basic project idea
which tells that I need to implement some other weighting schemes like
Divergence From Randomness. I have gone through the tutorial of Divergence
from randomness and understood the theory. I would like to code and try out
different urn randomness models. Can you suggest as to how to proceed for
contributing in the weighting schemes project idea?

Abhishek Shah