[Xapian-devel] Letor: Post Mid-Term plan

Rishabh Mehrotra erishabh at gmail.com
Fri Jul 20 22:12:29 BST 2012

Hi Parth,

I have updated the TODO section with the current state of refactoring (*as
per my understanding*). It would be great if you could have a look at it
and the current version of code so that I can discuss with you the next
steps in filling in the remaining voids.

*A brief summary:*

   - I re-wrote *ListMLE* class. It is now in accordance with LETOR's
   requirements of RankList, etc.
   - Made changes in the *FeatureVector* and *RankList* class so that they
   support the overall requirements of other classes.
   - The implementation of Ranker class is left. I am not sure how this is
   to be integrated with the corresponding functions of ListMLE class. (need
   your insights here)

*Immediate TODO:*

   - Implementations(/integration) of the Ranker class and updating the
   LetorInternals and QuestLetor for the refactored code.
   - Writing the tests for ListMLE (with real datasets).

Regards,
Rishabh.