[Xapian-devel] GSoC 2012: Learning To Rank

Nikita Smetanin nikitozzz.pl at gmail.com
Sun Mar 18 16:48:37 GMT 2012

Hello, guys!

How's it going?
I would like to offer you myself again to implement one of the ideas
during the GSoC 2012.

I want to take care of the "Learning To Rank" project, but I would
also be glad to pick the "QueryParser reimplementation", "Dynamic
Snippets", "Gmane Search improvements" or even "Replace socket code
with ZeroMQ" project (I have an experience of developing distributed
systems using HornetQ messaging system).

Additionally, currently I'm doing some research on Levenshtein
automata and it shows competitive results, so I can implement it as
one of spelling correction algorithms as a bonus.

As you know, I'm familiar enough with Xapian code base and have good
skills so you could offer me any other project if you think it has
higher priority.

I suggest we discuss it on the IRC channel.

Cheers, Nikita Smetanin.