[Xapian-devel] Wish To Join Xapian:-)

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Thu Mar 22 05:14:28 GMT 2012

Hi Shao,

On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 07:11:52PM +0100, Shaohuan Li wrote:
> May I know besides the traditional weight schemes, are we going to
> take the relevance feedback into account at this stage of Xapian
> development?

That's a good question.

Currently the relevance feedback in Xapian always uses the formula which
is equivalent to "TradWeight" document weighting.  But it's abstracted to
an ExpandWeight class internally, so plugging in other formulae wouldn't
be too hard if they are expressible in a suitable form.

I think it's up to you whether you want to tackle that as part of this
project or not.

> Now I am doing a Music Information Retrieval project
> http://www.csc.kth.se/utbildning/kth/kurser/DD2476/ir12/pdf/project1.pdf with
> four of my teammates. Amazingly, three of them are going to Google for a
> summer intern. I'm not that lucky to become a Googler but I really look
> forward to get a GSOC experience which is really cool, too. Wish to join
> you soon:-)

Heh.

I've not come across the "Million Song Dataset" before - that looks an
interesting resource:

http://labrosa.ee.columbia.edu/millionsong/