[Xapian-devel] GSOC 2012 : QueryParser Reimplementation

Sehaj Singh Kalra sehaj.sk at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 08:07:11 BST 2012

@Olly : Sir, got your point about caching. I will definitely go for fully
implementing a replacement of QueryParser and get it merged . Will make
sure all the features that the current QueryParser supports, work better or
at least that best in the replacement along with the extra features like
spelling suggestion and improvement of parsed form of real world queries
with the help of examples given in queryparsertest.cc  as you mentioned in
your earlier mail.
Will not go for partially this and partially that.

@Dan : Sir, as discussed with Olly sir, I agree that we should not get into
result caching. As the name of the topic itself mentions
"QueryParser Re-implementation ", I would definitely go
for re-implementation rather than adding to the existing implementation. As
you rightfully mentioned, will take into account how muck time
simply re-implementing the query parser will take in my proposal.
And since we are not doing caching any longer, so those patents are of no
use and will not be referred to.

Will come up with the proposal and will let you know so that with the help
of your suggestions, I can improve the basic proposal that I come up with.

Cheers,
Sehaj