[Xapian-devel] [xapian] GSoC - Learning to Rank, Introduction and some Ideas

Mudit Gupta mudit.raaj.gupta at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 22:50:01 BST 2012

Hello,

I am Mudit Raj Gupta, fourth year student of M.S. (Hons.) Chemistry and
B.E. (Hons.) Electronics and Instrumentation at BITS-Pilani (
http://www.bits-pilani.ac.in/). I am interested in *Machine Learning and
Computaional Intelligence*. I have an interest in implementing various
existing algorithms and developing modified/new algorithms related to
machine learning and computational intelligence.

I successfully completed my *Google Summer of Code - 2011* for the *Center
for the study of Complex systems - University of Michigan*. I implemented
various *algorithms (ant colony, random walk etc.)* related to
computational intelligence in Repast S (*Coded in Groovy, Java*) and
wrote *extensive
documentations and tutorial* for the related models with *literature reviews
* on the topics. My *contributions to Repast S was a part of the latest
release of the software*. The detailed documentation and code can be found
here:http://code.google.com/p/cscs-repast-demos/wiki/Mudit I have also
worked on various projects related to implementation of Machine Learning
and Bio-Inspired Evolutionary Algorithms.You can check the code and some
documentation on the same on code.google.com my user profile is :
http://code.google.com/u/110675325175605367090/

I am interested in applying for the project - *"Learning to Rank*". I have
read the pointers on the ideas page and some literature about it. I was
thinking, based on my literature review, that something on the lines on
Multi-layer Perceptron network with Ant Colony Optimization or an Improved
random Forest could be a good option. I selected the same because of my
experience on the topic. Although any further details/pointers to the
projects would be greatly appreciated. I would also like to request you to
please let me know about any specific detail related to the project that is
required in the proposal (apart from the ones mentioned on the page)

Thank you for your time. Hope to hear from you soon.

Best Regards,

Mudit Raj Gupta