[Xapian-devel] some improvements about the latent semantic search

Jianping Wang wangjpzju at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 16:48:13 BST 2012

Hi,all,

Recently I invented a new ranking algorithm inspired by the theory of
spread activation and probabilistic model, which can find the latent
semantic relationship between docs and terms and is almost linear time, and
I took one afternoon to code and implement this algorithm. And the testing
result shows that the speed of this algorithm is much faster than the
famous Latent Semantic Analysis algorithm, and the affect is almost as good
as the LSA. I wanna share my idea to all of you and add this algorithm to
the Xapian project.