[Xapian-devel] Explanation of how Eset works

aarsh shah aarshkshah1992 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 07:03:55 GMT 2013

Hey guys hi.I am trying to understand how Xapian works .I read the
Theoretical Background to Xapian doc
and the report by Salton and Jones.I still cant seem to understand how Eset
works How exactly does Xapian add terms to expand a query ? Assuming we
have a list of the k most important terms, how do we decide which term to
add to the query and will be in context with the query ?

And to decide r in W(t)=rw(t), is r obtained from the user every time a
MSET is returned and is r for the term updated and stored for a term every
time a query is performed ?

Thanks for your time  :)

-Regards
-Aarsh