[Xapian-devel] Add an example to the community page and contribute more code

aarsh shah aarshkshah1992 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 20 18:51:51 GMT 2013

Hey there Olly,hope you are fine . :) I have the code for Paice Husk ready
.But I am not being able to modify the Xapian source code I have downloaded.

I modified the stem.cc file so that get_description() returns a default
welcome string insead of calling the internal get_description() method
(just for fun ) .I than used make and make install again and then wrote a
simple indexer which called the stem.get_description() method .However,I
got the original string instead of the one I had modified.Why didn't the
change I had made get reflected ? I know this is a naive question but I am
new to open source and have never modified open source code before.Sorry
for taking up your time.I tried everything I could ,( even built the entire
code again) but nothing happened.

The code for the paice husk stemmer is ready and Ive understood how to use
it for indexing.I am supposed to inherit Xapian::StemImplementation
,implement the pure virtual  functions(have already done that)  and than
pass a reference  to the inherited object to
Xapian::Stem::Stem(StemImplementaion *pointer) ,right ? :)

Thank you so much for your time :) .Want to work on the Eset
modification(being able to specify the weighing scheme like Mset) next.Will
discuss it in detail with you once I am done with this.

-Warm Regards
-Aarsh :)