[Xapian-devel] patch-Add standard ExpandDecider subclass to restrict to terms with a particular prefix

jiangwen jiang jiangwen127 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 20 01:12:12 GMT 2013

hi, Olly, Thanks for your suggestion, I have wrote another patch for this

1. using stringutils::startswith
2. add a feature test in api_nodb.cc(just test prefix function) and
api_anydb.cc(make sure the decider class works in getESet())
3. add line '+%ignore Xapian::ExpandDeciderFilterPrefix;' in
xapian-bindings/xapian-headers.i, without this line,there's a make error,
    I think it is for swig
4. using git

here is the patch, please take a look:
https://github.com/white127/xapian-patch/blob/master/expanddecider.patch

In addition, after this work is done, I want to try this project:
http://trac.xapian.org/wiki/GSoCProjectIdeas#Project:BackendforLuceneformatindexes
I have some experience in lucence, also have understood the file format and
read some relative code in xapian

Regards
Jiang