[Xapian-devel] Need help as Pl2 tests not performing as expected

aarsh shah aarshkshah1992 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 27 14:14:49 GMT 2013

Hello guys. I just ran the updated tests for PL2 and they are not giving
the mset order I expect.Now,the thing is, dfr's behavior is a bit hard to
predict and so even if I expect a particular order ,it may give another
order and still be correct.So,the only way to write correct tests for PL2
is to manually calculate the weight of the documents to decide the expected
order.For that,I need to have a look at the statistics  stored in the
database for my tests.I ran the tests and after it failed ,I tried "delve
db" at the terminal,but it says that it can't open the database.Please can
someone help me this.

Also,the *max possible  *statistic of the Mset *is less than max
attained*and so ,Ill have to have a look at the code again.This may
take some
time,as PL2 has a very complex formula and it's a bit hard to understand
what's happening where.

-Regards
-Aarsh