[Xapian-devel] Document.getTerms() in Java JNI bindings

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Tue Nov 26 22:03:54 GMT 2013

On Mon, Nov 25, 2013 at 05:50:33PM +0000, Eric Sellin wrote:
> I'm using the Java JNI bindings (not SWIG) in version 1.2.8 (to
> match the library shipped with Ubuntu 12.04 LTS), and I have
> noticed that getTerms() in org.xapian.Document has now disappeared,
> somewhere between 1.2.2 and 1.2.8.

I don't recall us removing anything from the JNI bindings, and
I just unpacked the sources for xapian-bindings 1.2.2 and I don't
see any sign of Document.getTerms() in the JNI bindings.

There is Query.getTerms() though - are you thinking of that perhaps?

> How should I go about retrieving ALL terms for a given document then?

I don't think you can with the JNI bindings (at least not without
modifying the bindings themselves).  The SWIG bindings wrap this
feature, but they aren't 100% API compatible with the JNI ones.