[Xapian-devel] Is the project learning to rank need to be improved?

Parth Gupta pargup8 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 22 12:52:22 BST 2013

Dear Jiang,

You have downloaded correct data. The document available at

https://github.com/rishabhmehrotra/xapian/blob/master/xapian-letor/docs/letor.rst#how-to-use

will help you start with the code. Basically you need to index the
INEX collection with Omega (xapian-applications/omega/omindex.cc).
Just edit your omindex.cc as mentioned at the above link.  (e.g.
change in omindex.cc:  indexer.index_text(title, 5, "S"); ->
indexer.index_text(title, 1, "S"); )

Once the database (index) is created you can use the
xapian-letor-update.cc from xapain-letor/bin/ to update some index
statistics required by xapain-letor.

Then, use questletor.cc mentioning query-file and qrel-file from INEX.

Regards,
Parth.