[Xapian-devel] Adding an external library to Xapian

James Aylett james-xapian at tartarus.org
Sun Apr 13 15:56:06 BST 2014

On 13 Apr 2014, at 15:48, Pallavi Gudipati <pallavigudipati at gmail.com> wrote:

> My code is not on Github. I am using the tarball as of now. The following it the error that occurred:
> http://pastebin.com/cVJrjUZX

Okay; looks like you've changed simpleexpand.cc to use features you've added to the main Xapian library. Three things:

1. did you use configure --enable-maintainer-mode? If not, changes to Makefile.mk (and other parts of the build system) won't be used, because the Makefile that drives the build system won't be regenerated.

2. if that doesn't help, I need a patch between the tarball source and yours to see what you've changed and help further.

3. I'd strongly recommend using version control, for various reasons. git is very common, has plenty of tutorial articles to get you going, and plays well with the way we develop Xapian. github is free to use, and convenient (and Xapian's source is on there), or some people prefer gitorious (Xapian's on there also).

 James Aylett, occasional trouble-maker
 xapian.org