[Xapian-devel] Adding an external library to Xapian

James Aylett james-xapian at tartarus.org
Sun Apr 13 18:26:44 BST 2014

On 13 Apr 2014, at 17:49, Siddhant Mutha <siddhantmutha at gmail.com> wrote:

> Here are the files.
> /include/xapian/trie.h
> /api/trie.cc

Have you tried re-configuring your source tree? Because way before you get to compiling the examples the build system will compile trie.cc, which for me didn't work cleanly. (You have code like *it->value, but you mean (*it)->value because -> is higher precedence than dereference *.) What platform are you on? Apologies if I've asked that before.

Anyway, your original problem I think is because you have declared a Xapian::Trie destructor in include/xapian/trie.h but you haven't defined it anywhere. Given your constructor doesn't do anything, just removing the destructor declaration should move you forward for the time being.

 James Aylett, occasional trouble-maker
 xapian.org