[Xapian-devel] Adding an external library to Xapian

James Aylett james-xapian at tartarus.org
Sun Apr 13 18:50:09 BST 2014

On 13 Apr 2014, at 18:39, Pallavi Gudipati <pallavigudipati at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am working in Ubuntu 12.04. I have tried re-configuring the source tree too. Removing the destructor stops the error messages for the destructor but the constructor's error persist.

I'm not getting that error. From the top of xapian-core, can you type:

nm -C .libs/libxapian.so|grep Trie

and tell me what the output is please? Mine looks like this:

user at ubuntu:~/build/xapian-core$ nm -C .libs/libxapian.so|grep Trie
00000000000846fc T Xapian::Trie::search_term(std::string)
00000000000844aa T Xapian::Trie::add_term(std::string)
0000000000084490 T Xapian::Trie::Trie()
0000000000084490 T Xapian::Trie::Trie()

I currently don't believe you are running with --enable-maintainer-mode, because that places a -Werror in the link command, and you don't have one. What was your configure command?

 James Aylett, occasional trouble-maker
 xapian.org