[Xapian-devel] GSoC 2014 project report

Hanxiao Sun sunhanxiaoisme at gmail.com
Sun Aug 17 18:27:09 BST 2014

Hello,

I am one of this year GSoC students. It is near the end of GSoC 2014 now. And
I just want to give a simple report about my summer project.

My main jobs in this summer were adding three(rewriting two) ranking
algorithms, three evaluation metrics and two blending algorithms in letor.
I have post the evaluation result of new algorithms on my GSoC wiki page (
http://trac.xapian.org/wiki/GSoC2014/Learning%20to%20Rank%20Hanxiao%20Sun/Report).
And the latest code was on gsoc2014-evaluation branch(
https://github.com/v-hasu/xapian/tree/gsoc2014-evaluation). I am trying to
make some PRs now.

There are several things can be done in letor furture, in my opinion. I
have wrote down them on my report page(
http://trac.xapian.org/wiki/GSoC2014/Learning%20to%20Rank%20Hanxiao%20Sun/Report#FurtureWork
). I will remain in the communities and continue to improve the letor
model. It is inconvenient for me to use the IRC, but you can always find my
on the mailing list!

This is my first GSoC experience and it is a real wonderful experience.
Thanks all the mentors and people who have helped me.

孙晗晓(Hansel Sun)
Master Student of Computer Science at Institute of Computing
Technology,Chinese Academy of Sciences(ICT)
Email:sunhanxiaoisme at gmail.com <Email%3Asunhanxiaoisme at gmail.com>
Mobile: (86)186-0025-6936

This email (including any attachments) is confidential and may be legally
privileged. If you received this email in error, please delete it
immediately and do not copy it or use it for any purpose or disclose its
contents to any other person. Thank you.

本电邮(包括任何附件)可能含有机密资料并受法律保护。如您不是正确的收件人,请您立即删除本邮件。请不要将本电邮进行复制并用作任何其他用途、或透露本邮件之内容。谢谢。