[Xapian-devel] Adding Support for Krovetz Stemmer Algo in Xapian

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Mon Dec 1 04:41:09 GMT 2014

> On 30 Nov 2014, at 17:51, Abhishek Singh Kushwah <abhishek18kushwah at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Two of the implementation of algorithms has already been rejected
> > previously due to licenses both being the implementation of porter
> > but our xapian use implementation in snowball which i assume is
> > under GPL.

The only cases I can think you might be referring to are two different
submissions of patches based on Andy Stark's implementation of the
Paice/Husk stemmer (not the Porter stemmer).  The problem there is that
this implementation has no explicit licence, which means we simply can't
use it:

http://www.gnu.org/licenses/license-list.html#NoLicense