[Xapian-devel] Contributing to Xapian

Manu Gupta gmanu at umich.edu
Mon Dec 8 04:47:01 GMT 2014

Hi

I am on Debian verson 7.7, GCC 4.7.2 and make 3.8.1.

I cloned the code :
git clone https://github.com/v-hasu/xapian
git checkout gsoc2014-evaluation
rm xapian-letor/nobootstrap
./bootstrap
./configure --no-documentation
make CXXFLAGS='-w'

and I get a different set of errors
---
ranker.cc: In member function 'std::string Xapian::Ranker::get_cwd()':
ranker.cc:80:36: error: 'getcwd' was not declared in this scope
make[3]: *** [ranker.lo] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/manugupt1/han/xapian/xapian-letor'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/manugupt1/han/xapian/xapian-letor'
make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/manugupt1/han/xapian/xapian-letor'
---

I am also trying Hanxiao's method but am not able to find aclocal / libtool
/ autoconf / autoheader / automake --add-missing  in my os. Can you tell me
which packages do I need to install ?

One option might be, I can try solving this error one by one in a branch of
mine to get xapian-letor to a stage where it can be built directly and we
will no longer require a .nobootstrap option while I get familiar with the
code base too. What thoughts do you have on this?

Best Regards
Manu Gupta