[Xapian-devel] Adding support for phonetic correction via soundex algorithms

Shubham Sharma shubham8742 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 30 07:27:04 GMT 2014

Hello!

I'm Shubham Sharma, a 3rd year Information Systems student at BITS Pilani,
and I'd like to explore the possibilities of a GSOC Project that would aim
at improving the tolerant retrieval capabilities  via *phonetic* correction(:
misspellings that arise because the user types a query that sounds like the
target term. ) I did find spelling correction via edit distance in
xapian-core/matcher but i dont think any phonetic correction algorithms
have been implemented . Could this be a possible GSOC project?