[Xapian-devel] Working on project ideas for Google Summer of Code 2015

James Aylett james-xapian at tartarus.org
Tue Dec 30 20:58:55 GMT 2014

[Moved back onto the mailing list. Please keep replies with the list copied in so others can both help and benefit from the conversation.]

On 30 Dec 2014, at 12:30, Shashvat Tripathi <shashvattrip at gmail.com> wrote:

> In the list of bindings offered, Javascript/NodeJS is not mentioned.
> http://xapian.org/docs/bindings/

Yes, that’s an omission. It’s mentioned on our homepage.

> As you said, can we club these two language bindings into a single SoC project?

You’ll need to come up with concrete things you want to improve about the node.js bindings, as I said. Along with improvements to C# that might form a good-sized project; I have limited experience with node (although plenty with Javascript), and basically none with C#, so I don’t know what needs doing or how much work it would be.

If it isn’t big enough for a GSoC project, you could combine language binding improvements with something else from the projects list.

 James Aylett, occasional trouble-maker
 xapian.org