[Xapian-devel] A beginner in "Posting list encoding improvements"

Hurricane Tong zhangshangtong.cpp at qq.com
Wed Feb 12 14:32:03 GMT 2014

I seem to run into some trouble.
I succeeded in building the source code of Xapian in ubuntu,
but when I write a demo c++ application

#include <xapian.h>
#include <iostream>

using namespace std;

int
main()
{
    Xapian::WritableDatabase db("database", Xapian::DB_CREATE_OR_OPEN);
    return 0;
}

I can't get it built.

hurricanetong at hurricanetong-VirtualBox:~/workspace$ g++ -L/usr/local/lib -lxapian-1.3 BuildIndexDemo.cpp
/tmp/cc7JwYty.o: In function `main':
BuildIndexDemo.cpp:(.text+0x52): undefined reference to `Xapian::WritableDatabase::WritableDatabase(std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&, int, int)'
BuildIndexDemo.cpp:(.text+0x7b): undefined reference to `Xapian::WritableDatabase::~WritableDatabase()'
BuildIndexDemo.cpp:(.text+0xa0): undefined reference to `Xapian::WritableDatabase::~WritableDatabase()'

In /usr/local/lib, there are libxapian-1.3.so, libxapian-1.3.a, libxapian-1.3.so.3, libxapian-1.3.so.3.0.0

I also set LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib

in /etc/ld.so.conf.d, there are also /usr/local/lib

I also restart my machine, but I still can't make it.

HurricaneTong,Second Year Undergraduate,
School of Computer Science,
Fudan University, China.