[Xapian-devel] Summer of Code help

Anish Kanchan anishgkanchan at gmail.com
Mon Feb 24 21:15:28 GMT 2014

Hello Olly,

I read about Xapian and SWIG and the bindings that Xapian has with other
languages.
According to what I've read, I understand that

Xapian is a search engine library written in C/C++. It can be
integrated with web applications which handle large amount of data.
But since the web applications may be written in a variety of languages a
binding is required for the web app to be able to connect to the xapian
software. And SWIG plays a role in generating intermediate code for the web
app to link with the bindings.

I'd like to know if what I've understood is correct.

Thanks and Regards,
Anish Kanchan
Student, University of Mumbai