[Xapian-devel] A few more question about LETOR

Parth Gupta pargup8 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 10:39:39 GMT 2014

> 1.Could you explain why are these libraries included in all the
> xapian-letor headers?
> #include<xapian/intrusive_ptr.h>
> #include<xapian/types.h>
> #include<xapian/visibility.h>
>
> Or just provide me with the documentation of these header. I looked into
> these header files but couldn't anything substantial.

This header connect the xapian-letor to the xapian-core.  But Olly will be
able to throw more light on intrusive_ptr.h as he migrated the letor code
from xapian-core/letor to what is not as xapian-letor/

> 2. Here<https://github.com/rishabhmehrotra/xapian/blob/master/xapian-letor/include/xapian/letor.h#L41>is the class Letor::Internal intentionally named same as this
> Internal<https://github.com/xapian/xapian/blob/99eed23ae87bb96f5f9ee7e14a62e9f4af04af0c/xapian-core/include/xapian/intrusive_ptr.h#L44>namespace or is it just a coincidence?

The xapain-letor is built on top of xapain-core and follows the same naming
conventions as for the xapian-core.

> 3. If I am not wrong we want to dissolve letor_internal to create
> SVMRanker.
>     So accordingly letor,h will also change. Right?

No, the letor.h and letor_internal.h are properly refactored format just
basically for svmranker you need to refactor letor_internal_refactored.cc
code. The main aim of letor_internal.cc for ranking is to create the ranker
and operate trough it rather than defining letor_score() like functions.

Cheers,
Parth.