[Xapian-devel] questions about move_to_chunk_containing

Hurricane Tong zhangshangtong.cpp at qq.com
Mon Mar 17 06:53:47 GMT 2014

Hi,

Thanks for commenting on my proposal.

While trying to update my proposal, I get confused in move_to_chunk_containing.

In void BrassPostList::move_to_chunk_containing(Xapian::docid desired_did),

(void)cursor->find_entry(BrassPostListTable::make_key(term, desired_did))
Does this function make cursor point to the chunk where the first id in the chunk is less than desired_did and the first id in next chunk is bigger than desired_did ?
If did1 and did2 is in the same chunk,  make_key returns different key.
But how can find_entry turn to same chunk with different key ?

Shangtong Zhang,Second Year Undergraduate,
School of Computer Science,
Fudan University, China.