[Xapian-devel] Graphing script and timing patch

Aarsh Shah aarshkshah1992 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 30 06:07:20 BST 2014

Hello,
As discussed on IRC, I timed the inl2weight3 test against multiple
documents and queries , got the output written to a text file and then
wrote a python/matplotlib graphing script which drew a bar chart by reading
the text file. I have attached the bar chart , the python script and the
api_weight.cc file which contains the timed inl2weight3 test. The timing
was done using the RealTime::now() function.

-> I am adding comments to my proposal based on what I learnt from this
exercise and have thought of some modifications.

-> I had also sent in screenshots of profiling inl2 earlier by using
callgrind.

-> Please do let me know what you think.

-Regards
-Aarsh