[Xapian-devel] Contributing to the community.

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Mon Nov 3 02:49:06 GMT 2014

On Sun, Oct 26, 2014 at 11:05:06PM +0530, Saurabh Goyal wrote:
> I request you to guide me on any project that may match my skill and
> knowledge. I am willing to read more on any topic you may ask which may be
> required for the development in the project.

Hi Saurabh,

I think the best way to get started is first to check out the code from
git and sort out getting things set up so it will build on your machine.

Then find a small change to try to make to help you to start to get
familiar with the Xapian code, and also with how the process of making
a change, and getting it included works.

There's a list of ideas for "bite sized" projects on the wiki:

http://trac.xapian.org/wiki/ProjectIdeas