[Xapian-devel] Contributing to Xapian

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Mon Nov 10 04:24:35 GMT 2014

On Fri, Oct 24, 2014 at 02:26:11PM -0400, Manu Gupta wrote:
> I am Manu and recently came across the Xapian project. I will like to
> contribute to Xapian that gets me introduced to Information Retrieval.
> I have a basic knowledge of C++. Can you suggest me and help me choose
> a task that can be good for beginners.

The best first step is to check check out the Xapian code from git and
get it to build.

Once you've done that, I would suggest taking a look at our list of
"bite-size" projects:

http://trac.xapian.org/wiki/ProjectIdeas

If you don't find anything there of interest, give us clearer idea of
what some of thing you'd like to work on and maybe we can suggest
something.