[Xapian-devel] Fwd: Waiting for Reply regarding "TestCases Failure"

James Aylett james-xapian at tartarus.org
Thu Feb 5 15:34:04 GMT 2015

On 3 Feb 2015, at 17:33, Saad Ahmed <ch.saad.ahmed at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have been waiting for reply regarding any further steps to take.

Olly’s away right now, but I’ll see if I can help at all.

> $ make remove-cached-databases
> rm -rf .chert .glass .multichert .multiglass .replicatmp .stub
>
> $ ./runtest ./apitest --verbose topercent2
> Running test './apitest --verbose topercent2' under eatmydata and valgrind
> Running tests with backend "none"...
> Running tests with backend "inmemory"...
> Running test: topercent2…

Is that the complete output? Because that suggests that topercent2 is failing in some way when run against inmemory. My output has the single line for the none backend, and then three lines each for inmemory, glass, chert, multi_glass, multi_chert, remoteprog_glass, remotetcp_glass, remoteprog_chert and remotetcp_chert, followed by the apitest summary line — it’s strange that you’re seeing none of this, but no visible error either. Can you try running the following commands:

make remove-cached-databases
./runtest ./apitest --verbose topercent2 || echo $?

and also:

make remove-cached-databases
./runtest ./apitest -b chert --verbose topercent2 || echo $?

Also, if you could pastebin your config.log from the top level of xapian-core, that would be helpful in checking that Xapian is trying to build as expected.

> $ ls -R .chert
> .chert:
> db=apitest_simpledata
>
> .chert/db=apitest_simpledata:
> flintlock

If the db=apitest_simpledata database were there, there’d be a lot more files in here (and the fact that it isn’t is why the xapian-check command Olly suggested didn’t do anything). However I suspect the reason there’s nothing there is that the tests weren’t getting to chert because they were stopping at inmemory.

 James Aylett, occasional trouble-maker
 xapian.org