[Xapian-devel] Interested in project Learning To rank

James Aylett james-xapian at tartarus.org
Sun Feb 8 17:19:17 GMT 2015

I’d look at both of them, but Hanxiao Sun’s project <http://trac.xapian.org/wiki/GSoC2014/Learning%20to%20Rank%20Hanxiao%20Sun> first. (It introduced new algorithms, but Jiarong Wei’s looked at the API.)

> Also I am currently working on the project "converting atoi/atol to strtol" and have submitted patch for two files meanwhile this project gets revived, I am thinking of contributing to letor module so are their any bit-size projects or bugs that can help me to get along with letor.

It’s not really bite-sized, but about the only thing that makes sense to look at with letor at the moment is getting a test framework into that part of the code. I’d start by looking at the test harness in xapian-core, and see if that can be reused (hopefully it can be).

 James Aylett, occasional trouble-maker
 xapian.org