[Xapian-devel] Bitsize project - Krovetz stemmer

Richhiey Thomas richhiey.thomas at gmail.com
Tue Feb 10 17:35:13 GMT 2015

Hello Xapian devs,

I was going through the bit size projects and found the Krovetz English
stemmer and I would really like to work on it.
But I have a few doubts.
Though implementation of krovetz stemmer isnt very hard, xapian stemmers
are made with snowball.
But krovetz stemmer doesnt seem to be openly implementable with snowball.
Also though this is a dictionary based stemmer, the original paper doesnt
give us pointers on how to create the dictionary.
Though I think this can be overcome by looking at available implementations
of the stemmer.
As of now, I am planning to start on writing snowball code by starting with
plural forms of words.
I would like to have a few pointers on how to make this a successful
attempt at this project.
Also sorry for the last mail, was sent by mistake.
Thanks.