[Xapian-devel] GSoC 2015: ’Integrate Xapian into an application or framework’.(Discussion Thread)

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Mon Feb 23 03:20:39 GMT 2015

On Sat, Feb 21, 2015 at 02:51:04PM +0530, Chaitanya Gupta wrote:
> I was going through Xapian’s GSOC 2015 Idea list, and I was interested in
> the project ’Integrate Xapian into an application or framework’.
> I wanted to know further details about this project as to what technologies
> are you people looking for and what else do you guys have in mind for this
> particular project??

The technologies you should use would very much depend on what you're
proposing to integrate Xapian into.

For example, if you're wanting to add Xapian support to an application
written in Python, you'd use Xapian's Python bindings, and write code in
Python.

We'd be looking for the project to produce something that the
maintainers of the application or framework would be keen to merge (in
which case you should consult with them as part of planning your
project).  Or if the application/framework provides a suitable plug-in
framework, make use of that to produce something which could be
maintained separately.

> I have some ideas in my mind for this project which I would like to share
> and discuss!

Then please feel free to share them.