[Xapian-devel] TestCases Failure

Saad Ahmed ch.saad.ahmed at gmail.com
Sun Jan 25 13:46:26 GMT 2015

Hi,

I am a student in Pakistan willing to contribute to Xapian.

I have been able to successfully build the code. But when I run the
existing testcases (to verify everthing is working fine), It says 3 out of
the six testcases fails. Here is the report of the test cases.

"...
make  check-TESTS
make[5]: Entering directory
`/home/saad/GitProjects/xapian/build/xapian-core/tests'
Running test './apitest' under eatmydata and valgrind
Running tests with backend "none"...
./apitest backend none: All 85 tests passed.

Running tests with backend "inmemory"...
Running test: topercent2...FAIL: apitest

Running test './internaltest' under eatmydata and valgrind
PASS: internaltest

Running test './stemtest' under eatmydata and valgrind
The random seed is 42
Please report the seed when reporting a test failure.
Running tests with armenian stemmer...
Running test: stemdict... SKIPPED

Running tests with basque stemmer...
Running tests with catalan stemmer...

Running test: stemdict... SKIPPED

Running tests with danish stemmer...
Running tests with dutch stemmer...

Running tests with earlyenglish stemmer...

Running test: stemdict... SKIPPED

Running tests with english stemmer...
Running tests with finnish stemmer...

Running tests with french stemmer...

Running tests with german stemmer...

Running tests with german2 stemmer...

Running tests with hungarian stemmer...

Running tests with italian stemmer...

Running tests with kraaij_pohlmann stemmer...

Running tests with lovins stemmer...

Running tests with norwegian stemmer...

Running tests with porter stemmer...

Running tests with portuguese stemmer...

Running tests with romanian stemmer...

Running tests with russian stemmer...

Running tests with spanish stemmer...

Running tests with swedish stemmer...

Running tests with turkish stemmer...

PASS: stemtest

Running test './queryparsertest' under eatmydata and valgrind
Running test: qp_spell1...FAIL: queryparsertest

Running test './termgentest' under eatmydata and valgrind
Running test: tg_spell1...FAIL: termgentest

Running test './unittest' under eatmydata and valgrind
PASS: unittest

=======================================
3 of 6 tests failed
Please report to http://xapian.org/bugs
=======================================
make[5]: *** [check-TESTS] Error 1
make[5]: Leaving directory
`/home/saad/GitProjects/xapian/build/xapian-core/tests'
make[4]: *** [check-am] Error 2
make[4]: Leaving directory
`/home/saad/GitProjects/xapian/build/xapian-core/tests'
make[3]: *** [check] Error 2
make[3]: Leaving directory
`/home/saad/GitProjects/xapian/build/xapian-core/tests'
make[2]: *** [check-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/saad/GitProjects/xapian/build/xapian-core'
make[1]: *** [check] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/saad/GitProjects/xapian/build/xapian-core'
make: *** [check] Error 2
"

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,