[Xapian-devel] Building from git

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Mon Jan 26 00:05:37 GMT 2015

On Sun, Jan 25, 2015 at 10:16:14PM +0000, Vlad Shablinsky wrote:
>./common/io_utils.h:40:12: error: use of undeclared identifier 'fdatasync'
[...]
> I'm running Mac OS X 10.10.1 (14B25).Waiting for your reply.

I recently fixed the configure test for fdatasync() which was previously
always failing to detect its presence.

OS X doesn't provide fdatasync(), and it's not declared in the headers,
but there's a dummy implementation in the library which configure finds,
so my change broke the build on OS X.

I've just added a check for a declaration of fdatasync() to configure.
Can you retry with the latest trunk (make sure you have commit d6c72a2)?