[Xapian-devel] TestCases Failure

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Fri Jan 30 00:22:24 GMT 2015

On Tue, Jan 27, 2015 at 11:14:02AM +0500, Saad Ahmed wrote:
> On 27 January 2015 at 03:02, Olly Betts <olly at survex.com> wrote:
> > topercent2 opens a local disk-based database as well as the one of the
> > backend type requested, so it can check the same results are given.
> > It must be the disk-based database which fails, but I can't see why.
> >
> > I suspect you've ended up with a corrupt cached database, and this
> > exception isn't actually the same as the original problem (if a test
> > fails with an exception, the exception type should be reported even
> > in non-verbose mode, which it wasn't in your original log).
> >
> > Can you run "make remove-cached-databases" in "tests", and then try
> > rerunning "./runtest ./apitest --verbose topercent2"?
> >
> > Same output (DatabaseOpeningError) as above when executed "make
> > remove-cached-databases"  before "./runtest ./apitest --verbose
> > topercent2".
>
> What else can be the reason for this error?

It seems either the database isn't getting created, or it's getting
created but can't be opened for some reason.

Can you try removing the cached databases, running that testcase just
for chert, and then see what the cached database is:

make remove-cached-databases
./runtest ./apitest --verbose topercent2
ls -lR .chert

The output of the above commands would be very useful.

You ought to have a database in .chert/db=apitest_simpledata - if so,
then checking it would be interesting (again send the output):

../bin/xapian-check .chert/db=apitest_simpledata