[Xapian-devel] about use 'xapian-replicate'

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Wed May 20 14:41:57 BST 2015

This question isn't related to development of Xapian, so would be more
appropriate to xapian-discuss.

On Wed, May 20, 2015 at 04:53:48PM +0800, 没有锂称 wrote:
> the xapian-replicate has a parameter: --reader-time. I see the help
> ,means ,if there has searcher  open the Database, then
> xapian-replicate will wait the searcher done. but the xapian-replicate
> how to know there has a searcher is using the Database.

It doesn't know, it just waits for the number of seconds specified by
--reader-time between applying revisions in case there are readers
active.  If you specify a time longer than any search takes, everything
should work nicely.

> How do I open the database when I search?  now I open the database
> like this: Xapian::Database db(dbpath);  is that correct ?

Yes, same as for any database.