GSoC 2016 Project: Implement Bindings for R

James Aylett james-xapian at tartarus.org
Thu Apr 7 15:19:14 BST 2016

On Thu, Apr 07, 2016 at 02:16:51PM +0530, Amanda Jayanetti wrote:

> I implemented the 'index plan' and inspecting database(with delve
> db) examples in the Getting started guide in R language.  Could you
> kindly tell me if it's alright to present my work in this public
> mailing list?

Absolutely -- or you could fork the getting started guide on github,
and add the examples there (in a new code/r directory). If you then
open a PR on github, it has an interface where comments can be tied to
particular parts of the code, which can be helpful.

If you'd rather do it on the mailing list, then it's a good idea to
put them in a gist rather than attaching files to the mailing list
(which usually have to be manually approved). Github PRs are likely as
easy, and are also the way we generally recommend people work for GSoC.

  James Aylett, occasional trouble-maker
  xapian.org